Wildwood Park Elementary School
1601 26th Avenue Southeast
Puyallup, WA 98374
Wildwood Park Elementary School opened in 1965 and is located in southeast Puyallup, east of Meridian Street South and south of 23rd Avenue Southeast. The project architect was Seifert, Forbes and Berry of Tacoma, Washington, and the general contractor was Absher Construction Company of Puyallup, Washington.
The school was named in recognition for its proximity to Wildwood Park, a city park located east of Meridian Street South and just north of 23rd Avenue East. In 1976, a six (6) classroom addition was made on the east end ofthe building and a play shed was added in 1979. In 1991, the building was completely modernized, and a small addition was made to the library. This remodel/addition was a state matched project with the local funds coming from the 1988 Bond Issue.
The education specifications for permanent building were designed to have a total of 18 general-use classrooms, two (2) kindergarten rooms, five (5) special education classrooms and a number of smaller specialty instructional spaces. In 2012, the building received a Building Assessment Score of 67, compared to a districtwide rating average of 76.4. It became eligible for state matching funds for modernization or new construction in lieu of modernization in 2011.